It would appear that beards are currently in style everywhere you go, and a wide variety of products, like as conditioners, lotions, and oils, are on the market to cater to this fad. Growing a beard instead of shaving is a choice that can be motivated by more than just vanity. For some, the altered appearance of their visage could be a welcome change. Some people opt out of daily shaving simply because they find it too inconvenient and tiresome to deal with their facial hair.
No of the reason, not everyone is capable of growing a full and even beard. A patchy beard can be embarrassing and cause a loss of self-assurance. Minoxidil, a hair growth medication, is one of the most popular treatments for this. The hair follicles can be boosted by using minoxidil. so lets we know How to Use Minoxidil to Promote Hair Growth on Your Face and Body
Minoxidil: What Is It?
To combat hair thinning, you can purchase an OTC product called minoxidil that has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). It can be used in either a foam or a serum form and is beneficial for regrowing hair. For both the scalp and the beard, minoxidil is an effective treatment for hair thinning and balding. It has the potential to revitalise and expand your hair follicles, promoting the creation of fuller, denser hair.
In 1987, Rogaine introduced the world to minoxidil with its first-ever product. Even now, this particular minoxidil brand remains the most often used and advocated option available. Kirkland, Basic Care, and Nioxin are some other brands that may sell identical products at a more affordable price.
It used to be that you needed a doctor’s note to get it. Today, though, you can get it without a doctor’s prescription. However, prior medical approval is required before use.
Why Does Minoxidil Work So Well?
How to Use Minoxidil to Promote Hair Growth on Your Face and Body. minoxidil enhances hair strength by hastening the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to hair follicles or hair cells. That’s why it helps keep hair from falling out and makes new hair grow faster.
By design, minoxidil’s vasodilator effect is achieved by activating adenosine triphosphate (ATP)-sensitive potassium channels in vascular smooth muscle cells. It’s possible that this vasodilation also improves hair cell survival.
Instructions for using minoxidil to promote rapid beard growth are provided below:
- Use 20 drops of the minoxidil cream or solution on your hair and scalp.
- Get your face washed and dried. Another way to keep your face from getting red is to use a cleanser with a neutral pH.
- Spread the correct amount of minoxidil throughout your beard.
- It takes at least 16 weeks of twice-daily lotion use to see a difference.
The following should be considered prior to applying minoxidil to the beard:
- To use, simply rub it into dry skin or hair.
- Don’t go in the water or get your hair wet after applying the solution.
- Before you go to bed, put on moisturiser, or put on sunscreen, wait until the beard oil has dried or been absorbed into the skin.
- When you’re done using the solution, go ahead and wash your hands.
- You shouldn’t put it on areas of skin that are already red, scraped, cut, or infected.
- Be sure to read the product’s instructions before using.
- Do not get minoxidil in your eyes. Please flush your eyes with water if any gets in them. In the event of eye irritation or other symptoms, prompt medical attention is necessary to prevent permanent damage.
- Keep the solution where children and pets can’t get to it, as accidental ingestion could be harmful.
- Additionally, it is quite combustible. Make sure it is stored in a cool, dark place.
If you want the best outcomes, you must do as instructed. However, different brands and concentrations of minoxidil solution may call for different procedures.
Taking pictures of your beard before and after applying minoxidil is another option for visualising the results. You’ll be able to see if there’s been any development and confirm that it’s real. Men’s skin and hair are different from women’s, therefore the results could be different, too.
Beard Growth Minoxidil
Understanding the hair development cycle is a prerequisite before delving into how minoxidil works.
- Protein-based cells in the hair follicle differentiate into hairs. The first stage of anagen.
- Hair grows longer and stronger thanks to the surrounding blood vessels in the second anagen phase.
- The catagen stage has started. As hair emerges from the epidermis, it is moisturised by an oil gland. After a while, your hair will cease growing at this stage.
- Over time, the hair falls out of the follicle and a new growth cycle begins. Telogen phase describes the time when hair is actively shedding.
Having a fully grown head of scalp hair can take several years. However, the hairs on your head, face, and body only have a maximum growth cycle of about two months. Vasodilation, or widening of blood vessels, is the fundamental mechanism by which minoxidil strengthens hair follicles. The hair-loss process is slowed down as a result.
They say that minoxidil can do wonders for the beard because the blood vessels in your face are bigger than those in your scalp. Because of this, guys whose beards are thinning or falling out might use minoxidil to regrow them. It can also be used to develop a moustache, however only under the supervision of a medical professional and with the appropriate precautions taken.
Who Can Benefit From Minoxidil?
Anyone above the age of 18 can use minoxidil to grow their beard. It is useful for guys under the age of 40 who have experienced recent hair loss. Consult a medical professional before using it if:
- You are using blood pressure meds because minoxidil may interfere with some medications such as guanethidine, disulfiram, metronidazole, and others.
- You have pheochromocytoma, a type of tumour.
- You have had or are suffering from organ damage.
- You have a cardiac condition known as tachycardia.
- You had or had a heart attack, heart failure, or a stroke.
- You have or are suffering from renal or liver illness.
If you’re under the age of 18, don’t use it. It should also not be used:
- For unexpected or unexplained hair loss.
- If your hair loss is inherited.
Improved Beard Growth After Using Minoxidil
Using minoxidil on facial hair has not been shown to be particularly beneficial. Researchers from Mae Fah Luang University Hospital’s Department of Dermatology, School of Anti-aging and Regenerative Medicine in Bangkok, Thailand, surveyed and examined facial minoxidil use. They wanted to know if using minoxidil to encourage beard hair growth was safe.
Using a randomised, double-masked, placebo-controlled research design, they reported their results in a letter to the editor of the Dermatology journal published by the Japanese Dermatological Association.
Researchers found that only minoxidil lotion diluted to 3% was safe and effective for use on the face to promote beard hair growth. Minoxidil is more effective than a placebo at hastening beard development, and its side effects were minimal.
It has been suggested that, in addition to its effects on scalp hair, minoxidil can also be used to improve the appearance of one’s eyebrow hair. There is a distinction between beard hair and eyebrow hair. Safe and effective eyebrow hair growth with topical minoxidil lotion requires only 2% of the lotion.
How Long Before I See My Beard Get Fuller?
You won’t observe or experience fuller beard growth at any certain time of year. Hair growth is a gradual process that requires patience. Around the four- to six-month mark, you could start to see some beard development. For as long as a year, possibly.
A thicker beard could appear in as little as two years if you use minoxidil consistently and regularly, and as long as seven.
What You Need to Know Before Using Minoxidil to Promote Facial Hair Growth
Beard growth aid minoxidil has been widely adopted by guys. Therefore, there has been a dramatic rise in its popularity in recent years. Although minoxidil is safe, there are a few things to consider before you start using it.
1.Facial Use Prohibited
A beard growth application that could be used on the face has not been approved by the FDA. The top of the head (the vertex) is the only area of the scalp where this treatment has been approved for use. For males experiencing hair loss or baldness, a minoxidil solution between 2 and 5 percent is the only one that has been shown to be both safe and effective.
2.Effectiveness of Minoxidil During Its Operation
To grow a beard, minoxidil must be used as directed, but it is only effective while being applied. When you stop using it, your hair will go back to how it was before. Stimulation of hair growth would cease, and new hair might fall off.
3.Remarks on Johnson & Johnson
In the year 2000, Johnson & Johnson made the purchase that would change the course of Rogaine forever. They were contacted by the Arocha Hair Restoration & Transplant Center staff to get their thoughts on facial minoxidil application. They think it’s inappropriate to apply the medication to one’s face. Application to the crown of the head is all they recommend for stopping hair loss.
Conclusions about Beard Minoxidil
There is insufficient evidence to support or refute the claim that applying minoxidil to the face will promote beard growth. In a single trial, only a 3% solution was shown to improve beard hair.
However, before using minoxidil for beard development, you should get the opinion of a dermatologist.