Latest Health News
By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Guam’s Department of Public Successfully being and Social Products and services (DPHSS) experiences the 2nd imported dengue fever case this year from a person from Yap Speak within the Federated States of Micronesia.
Successfully being officials stress that the island isn’t endemic for dengue and dengue virus transmission isn’t happening on the island.
Guam has reported some 40 dengue cases within the past three an extended time.
Nonetheless, authorities warned that Guam will doubtless proceed to glimpse further suspected and confirmed dengue fever cases this year from immigrants, migrants and residents who plug back and forth backward and ahead, to and from the Philippines, or to and from island states in Micronesia.
DPHSS famend that there are at this time a lot of outbreaks of dengue fever within the Western Pacific enviornment, collectively with Palau with 486 cases from Dec. 1, 2018 thru Aug. 11, 2019, Yap and the RMI.
DPHSS advises residents to preserve safe when touring to countries or islands the keep dengue fever is expose. Whereas there’s no such thing as a vaccine for dengue fever, DPHSS acknowledged of us touring to the Philippines or Palau needs to be vigilant about taking precautions and stopping mosquito bites.
- Has the USDA Stumbled on a Link within the Rooster Listeria Outbreak?
- Rabies publicity: 21 receive PEP after Macon ‘Raccoon or Kitten?’ occasion
- Congo measles epidemic: Death toll nears 3,000
- Malaria: Burundi experiences 112K cases within the week ending Aug 11, Annual demise toll nears 2200
- Bangladesh dengue epidemic: 45K cases reported in August
- Strongyloides parasite expose in canines in some distance flung Australia