Good morning, everyone, and welcome to another working week. We hope the weekend respite was relaxing and invigorating, because that oh-so familiar routine of deadlines, calls, and meetings (online and in-person, for some) has predictably returned. But what can you do? The world keeps spinning. So grab a cup of stimulation and give it a little nudge in a good direction. Meanwhile, here are a few tidbits to help you along. We hope your day goes smoothly and you make your to-do list go away. And of course, do keep in touch. …
The Novavax (NVAX) Covid-19 vaccine was highly effective in preventing symptomatic infections, hospitalizations, and severe illnesses, long-awaited results from a Phase 3 trial revealed, STAT writes. The vaccine was 90% protective against laboratory-confirmed symptomatic infection. The results put this vaccine in the same efficacy ballpark as the mRNA vaccines produced by Pfizer (PFE) and BioNTech (BNTX), and by Moderna (MRNA). But Novavax still has steps it must take before it can apply for regulatory authorizations needed to roll out its vaccine.
Unlock this article by subscribing to STAT+ and enjoy your first 30 days free!
What is it?
STAT+ is STAT’s premium subscription service for in-depth biotech, pharma, policy, and life science coverage and analysis.
Our award-winning team covers news on Wall Street, policy developments in Washington, early science breakthroughs and clinical trial results, and health care disruption in Silicon Valley and beyond.
- Daily reporting and analysis
- The most comprehensive industry coverage from a powerhouse team of reporters
- Subscriber-only newsletters
- Daily newsletters to brief you on the most important industry news of the day
- STAT+ Conversations
- Weekly opportunities to engage with our reporters and leading industry experts in live video conversations
- Exclusive industry events
- Premium access to subscriber-only networking events around the country
- The best reporters in the industry
- The most trusted and well-connected newsroom in the health care industry
- And much more
- Exclusive interviews with industry leaders, profiles, and premium tools, like our CRISPR Trackr.
Create a display name to comment
This name will appear with your comment