Caroline Flack has shared an emotional post about going through the ‘worst time of [her] life’ following her arrest for assault.
The 40-year-old presenter was arrested earlier in December and charged with actual bodily harm after a row with her boyfriend Lewis Burton.
She then made the decision to quit as host of the next Love Island series before being replaced by Laura Whitmore.
Opening up about her turmoil, Caroline wrote in an Instagram story on Sunday: ‘This is the worst time of my life. I don’t kno where to go to. Where to look. Who to trust. Or who I even am [sic].’
It comes just hours before Caroline is due to appear at the Highbury Corner Court on Monday (23 December).
After Laura was confirmed as the new host of winter Love Island, Caroline broke her silence to congratulate her friend on the gig.
‘I’m glad it’s Laura. She loves the show as much as I do,’ Caroline wrote on Instagram.
‘Again.. Thank you so much for your continuous messages of support. It’s a really tough time… But I‘m doing all I can to keep my head above water and sort this all out.’
Announcing her decision to step down from Love Island, the presenter said the show has been ‘[her] world’ for the last five years.
‘In order to not detract attention from the upcoming series I feel the best thing I can do is to stand down for series six,’ she stated.
‘I want to wish the incredible team working on the show a fantastic series in Cape Town.’
Caroline’s boyfriend Lewis has stood by her amid the scrutiny over their relationship and spoke out to defend her after the arrest.
‘I’m tired of the lies and abuse aimed at my girlfriend. This is not a witch hunt this is someone’s life,’ he wrote on Instagram…
‘Caroline is the most lovely girl. Loyal and kind. She doesn’t deserve any of this.’
Police confirmed Caroline’s arrest in a statement and said: ‘Caroline Flack of Islington was charged on Friday, 13 December with assault by beating. ‘She will appear on bail at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Monday, 23 December.
‘This follows an incident at approximately 05:25hrs on Thursday, 12 December after reports of a man assaulted. He was not seriously injured.’
Got a showbiz story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us email@example.com, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.