Viral News

Centre says no to granting extra opportunity to aspirants who missed UPSC exam due to Covid-19 – Times of India

TOI TimesPoints

DAILY CHECK-INS: 0/5 completed

  • Lifetime

    0

  • Expired

    0

  • Redeemed

    0

* TimesPoints expire in 1 year from the day of credit

    Representative Image. Representative Image.

    NEW DELHI: The Centre on Friday told the Supreme Court that it was not in favour of granting one more opportunity to those civil services aspirants who could not appear in their last attempt in the exams conducted by the UPSC last year due to the pandemic situation.

    A bench headed by Justice A M Khanwilkar took note of the submissions of Additional Solicitor General S V Raju, appearing on behalf of the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), that the government was not ready to give one more chance to the civil services aspirants who could not appear in 2020 due to the Covid-19 situation.

    “We are not ready to give one more chance. Give me the time to file an affidavit… yesterday night I received instruction that we are not agreeable,” the law officer told the bench which also comprised justices B R Gavai and Krishna Murai.


    The bench has now posted the plea of a civil services aspirant Rachna for hearing on January 25 and asked the Centre to file an affidavit during the period and serve it to the parties.

    Earlier, Solicitor General Tushar Mehta had told the bench that the government was considering the issue of granting one more opportunity to such civil services aspirants.

    • Download

      The Times of India News App for Latest Home News

    • Subscribe

      Start Your Daily Mornings with Times of India Newspaper! Order Now

    more from times of india News

    Read More

    Show More

    Related Articles

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Back to top button

    Adblock Detected

    Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker